- What can I do to secure my home?
Our experts will be happy to advise you on the best solution that will protect your family and belongings. Our surveyor will arrange to visit your house and provide a free quotation to suit your needs and budget.
- What type of burglar alarm system should I have?
- This will depend on your premises. Wireless systems are less disruptive but they are battery powered and cost more to run and may not always be suitable.
- Smart Alarm systems can send a message or notification to a nominated mobile numbers.
- Monitored systems increase the security of your home as any activation will go through an ARC who will contact a nominated keyholder or police.
Our surveyor will advise you on your choices and the best solution for your circumstances.
- Can I have an alarm system if I have a dog or cat?
Yes we can install pet immune sensors. Our surveyor will advise you.
- Home CCTV
M J Security can install unobtrusive camera systems with an app to your mobile. We can also install covert camera systems if required.
- How long is an alarm or home CCTV system guaranteed for?
MJ Security systems are guaranteed for 1 year from installation against faults in manufacture and installation.
- What if there is a power cut – will the burglar alarm system work?
Yes all MJ Security alarm systems have a battery back up system that will power the alarm in the event of a power failure for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Why should I use a company that has NSI Gold, Safe Contractor and CHAS accreditation?
- NSI is the governing body for the security sector in the UK. MJ Security are a Gold Installer which ensures that our installations comply with industry standards and are subject to 6 monthly audits by NSI. This accreditation provides customers with assurance they are getting the best service by a reputable company.
- Safe Contractor Approved ensures that MJ demonstrates our commitment to compliance carrying out high quality workmanship without compromising on safety, sustainability or ethics
- CHAS (The contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme) accreditation is awarded to contractors who demonstrate they meet the applicable. health & safety standards.
- Will I get discount on my home insurance premium if I have an alarm?
This depends on your insurance company. Please contact your insurance company regarding their terms.
- What does my alarm system maintenance contract provide?
Assurance that you will get 24/7 call outs and technical support 365 days alongside discounted labour and parts. In addition it includes an annual maintenance visit by our engineer to check the system is working correctly.